2007-07-29

GOT BALLS?  

If you have a weak stomach or love animals sooo much that you don't want to see them in an "uncomfortable" position, then I suggest you leave now or just start scrolling way down to find my archives;)


Sorry 'bout the title...I couldn't resist;) Every year the mares(momma horses) have their colts(boys) or fillys(girls).....and then when the colts are older they get cut so they don't become studs. Anyhoo,......there are a couple of ways to cut a colt but the most common and the way I'm familiar with is to~~ give them some medicine that makes them sleep a bit or makes them drowsy, cut their "goods", and let them wake up. Poor lil fellas:(

Unfortunately this has to be done. You can't have only studs around trying to get to every Dawn, Trish, & Carrie. Besides, when you get studs together, they'll just fight and can even kill eachother.

I hate seeing this done so I thought I'd torture ya'll with it too. Enjoy the photos:o)


What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 Neighs & Snorts: to “ GOT BALLS?

  • Jennifer
    July 29, 2007 at 2:20 PM  

    Ouch! Ouch!

  • Anonymous
    July 29, 2007 at 9:46 PM  

    Ouch, I'm glad I'm not an horse ! You gonna get these animal rights people mad :D

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    July 29, 2007 at 11:03 PM  

    Jennifer & Zhu~~I know ouch!! I didn't even post the really bloody pics. Animal rights..blah!...let me ad'em;)

  • Proletariatof1
    July 30, 2007 at 9:56 PM  

    you know...I've always liked your pictures....until now ;)

  • Jo
    August 2, 2007 at 11:35 AM  

    Now if we could just get everyone to deball and spay their cats and dogs!
    And that bear down there is still giving me the willies! JO in Illinois, (where there are NO bears!)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 2, 2007 at 4:37 PM  

    Jo...yep, I agree with you there. People are always dropping off dogs around here and I worry about them breeding mine. They boys are taken care of but the girl is still yet to be fixed.