2007-05-18

Who Does More? Husbands or Wives?  



Well, anyone who knows me knows how how much I brag on my husband and everything he does..WITH THAT SAID, I'm tired of husbands thinking they do sooo much more than their wives. Just because we don't "leave the house" to go to work doesn't mean we don't do anything. My husband works very hard but I work hard too.

I think everything we wives do is taken for granted. It's funny how "most" husbands never tell you how nice the house looks or what a great job you're doing with the kids, but are super quick to tell you the house looks like crap and you need to clean it.
Obviously, there are a variety of jobs out there but most men go to work (whether it's the office or a cowboy job), come home and choose what they want to do for the rest of their day. The wives don't get the luxury of doing what they want "at the 5:00 hour. We still have to keep a going. I consider making supper as part of my normal job and then after that is overtime. I don't get to sit down and watch tv.... I have to clean up after supper, make sure the kids have everything they need for school, feed the little guy, get my husband tea(while he watches tv), do bills, get my errand/grocery list ready for the next day, get everyone to bed, get the little one to bed (which is a chore in itself), hopefully get a shower in, go to bed, wake up at 3:00 with the little guy, then at 5:00, then start the whole day over again.
Now there are some guys who do some of these things but it's mostly the wife's "job" to do all this.

I'm not complaining of what I have to do...I do feel it's my job as a wife to do all this and more, what I'm complaining about is being unrecognized for everything I do and recognized for everthing I don't do.



What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Who Does More? Husbands or Wives?

  • Dustinzgirl
    May 18, 2007 at 2:42 PM  

    Hey, I totally get where you are coming from. It is an exhausting thing being a mother, it comes with no bonus pay, no vacation time, and quite often no thanks or verbal rewards.....

    But its those little moments, when the hubby gives you a smooch or the kids bring you flowers from the nieghbors yard....

    Those are the moments that make it all worth it.