2007-06-19

Beware of the Critters  

Livin' out on the ranch you learn to live with other animals. Then you eventually learn to like them and start feedin' them. We have definitely had our share of good ones and bad ones. But I thought I'd share 2 of my favs.

I've always seen armadillos from afar but have never seen one up close. My husband ran across one outside our yard and caught it for me. Not the prettiest thing that's for sure, but he was interesting to look at. My kids got a real kick out of touching it.

My most favorite is the coon (raccoon). They are everywhere and they get into everything!! We used to have one that would come up to our back porch and eat our cat food. This picture is of one that got a little scared and climbed up our porch post. He sure was a cute little booger. I would love to know what critters you have encountered.


If you like this post, then Buy Me a Drink or Consider Subscribing to My Feed.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Beware of the Critters

  • Choc Mint Girl
    June 19, 2007 at 4:56 AM  

    Nice new look. One suggestion though, I think the date and post footer text color should be a bit darker to enhance the look. All the best!!!

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    June 19, 2007 at 9:49 AM  

    ChocMintGirl~~I'm not sure on the look yet. I like but I don't. Thanks for the heads up on the other. As soon as I get a chance, I'll check it out!

  • Anonymous
    June 19, 2007 at 10:35 PM  

    :D Wow, cute animals ! In Canada we have a lots of rabbits - there're cute, they always scare me when I got out at night for my last cigarette

  • Anonymous
    June 19, 2007 at 10:36 PM  

    Nice new template BTW !

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    June 20, 2007 at 9:16 PM  

    Thank you Zhu~~Still deciding on my template. I want to do something different but don't know what.
    Animals are an understatement round here. I'll have a bear story soon;).

  • Anonymous
    June 23, 2007 at 11:39 PM  

    I want to Winnie story !

    Yes, I love bears... ;)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    June 24, 2007 at 1:33 AM  

    Zhu~~I'm looking for my pictures of the bear. We fed it a couple of times.