2007-06-20

I received a question from Attizz over at The Totally Transparent Party asking if I make my own biscuits. The answer is yes. I make all my bread from scratch which includes rolls and biscuits. So, today I thought I would post one of my favorite biscuit recipes.
This will make a small 6x6 pan. You can always adjust it to your needs.

KENTUCKY BISCUITS


2 c. flour ~~~~~~2 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 c. butter ~~~~3/4 c. buttermilk

1/2 tsp. soda ~~~~dash of salt

2 Tbls. sugar

Mix dry ingredients first. Then add butter, milk, and make into a soft dough..do not over knead. Pat dough into a 6x6 ungreased pan and cut into serving size portions..(usually equals 9 portions).

Bake at 400' for 15 min or until brown. HMMMMM Good!
If you like this post, then Buy Me a Drink or Consider Subscribing to My Feed.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 Neighs & Snorts: to “

  • Anonymous
    June 23, 2007 at 11:37 PM  

    I'm sure you're a great cook. I should learn from you. I really should.

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    June 24, 2007 at 1:32 AM  

    Zhu~~Now I don't know if I am a great cook...but I think at the age I was when I did all that cooking(which was 25) I was pretty good at it. Hec, my husband taught me how to cook when we first got married..lol.

  • AZZITIZZ
    July 1, 2007 at 1:48 PM  

    Hi, Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it out. Real American biscuits! Wow!
    Once again, thanks a mil.
    Keep up the great blog.
    Love X
    :)