2007-06-22

Is Spanking OK?  

Are the new generation of babies more undisciplined than their earlier counterparts or is it that the new mothers have lost the tact to deal with the kids? I’m saying this because the older generation of mothers are supportive of spanking kids, while the newer generation are against picking up a belt to bring kids back on track. And is this one possibility why parents have lost control over their kids? No doubt the results are surprising…what do you have to say about this notion…what’s your stand?

MY THOUGHTS

I think it's ok to spank your children. If you ask me, new mothers think they have control over their children and that certain displays of rudeness were just ”natural for their age”. But for me, as a child, spanking was enforced when I did something wrong and I learned quickly not to do it again.

If you like this post, then Buy Me a Cup of Coffee or Consider Subscribing to My Feed.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Is Spanking OK?

  • Amel
    June 22, 2007 at 3:21 AM  

    I was spanked when I was a kid. I think it has its good sides when it's "applied" correctly.

    However, I myself don't think I'll spank my kids later on. I don't have kids yet, so I can't say much on this (but I like the way Super Nanny disciplines kids and I'd love to apply her "time-outs" - one friend of mine has applied this technique and it's working well).

    But still I THANK Mom for having disciplined me by spanking me (when I was naughty). I think in a way it's made me respect my parents even more. :-)))

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    June 22, 2007 at 8:31 AM  

    I do like the way the Nanny handles the kids and it would be great if more parents where aware of how to apply her techniques. But since most parents don't, I still think a good spankin' every now and then will still get the job done;)
    Thanks for stopping by..I appreciate the visit!

  • Anonymous
    June 23, 2007 at 11:36 PM  

    I also think spanking is okay. It's too easy to ban spanking and go all psychological. I don't think it does any good on the long term.

    We have all been spanked as kids once in a while... never been traumatised !

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    June 24, 2007 at 1:28 AM  

    Zhu~~I agree...I don't know anyone who hasn't been spanked.