2007-06-28

A Little Emotional  

I received some bad news today. My Mamaw, who is 91, went to take a nap and woke up paralyzed. After being rushed to the hospital and having numerous tests done, the results were unbearable. She is permanently paralyzed from her chest down and it is due to cancer. It has completely taken over her whole body and has been given 1 mth to live. She is in good spirits despite this and is asking about everyone in the family. It would be about a 10 hr drive to see her....now the thing is, I really don't want to see her like that but I also don't want to regret not getting to see her before she is gone. Hopelessly confused on what to do.

It was in 2005 that cancer took my mother-in-law. Silence

I know far to well how dangerous cancer can be. I am thankful that, despite the paralysis, my Mamaw is not feeling too bad and she still has her mind. She can remember EVERYTHING and can tell a great story!!!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 Neighs & Snorts: to “ A Little Emotional

  • Anonymous
    June 27, 2007 at 8:25 PM  

    Oh, poor her ! I feel for you and you family, tough times. Whether you should go see her or not is your decision, and I understand the dilemna.

  • Amel
    June 28, 2007 at 2:12 PM  

    Awww...sorry to hear that, but I admire her for having the spirit in her still. Bravo!

    It IS hard to see our loved one's condition deteriorate, but I guess it's better to have a chance to say goodbye to her face-to-face.

  • Jackie
    July 2, 2007 at 8:59 PM  

    I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I have lost all of my grandparents and also my parents. I cannot tell you what to do....you must follow what's in your heart. But, I know if it were me, and especially since you say she still has her mind and is aware....I would go visit. As I like to say....take sometime all to yourself...silence time. Your spirit will lead you in the right direction. Sending prayers~Jackie