2007-06-04

Our Remuda~~All the Pretty Horses  


2 or 3 of these horses belong to the ranch..the rest belong to us. I think horses are such a beautiful animal. I never had any appreciation for them until I got married and had to be around them. They are soo smart and powerful.
I'm a strong believer that in order to get respect from such a strong animal like that, you have to give it.

A long time ago I remember a guy who tied up his horse overnight without water or anything to try and teach him a lesson for bucking him off. I was so sick to see that horse that morning. His legs were shaking..do you think he learned his lesson? HELL NO!! Why would that horse have any respect for his rider when he does something like that to them?? There's a HUGE difference in fear and respect!

One thing I love about my husband, is that he keeps a firm hand but it always respectful towards horses. He has more patience when working with a horse than anyone I've ever seen. I think that's why he makes good horses. He gives the time to learn something, doesn't go around hitting them or force too much on them, and just basically "asks" them to do what he wants.

I think this applies to life in general. You can't get respect if you don't give it. You earn it with time, patience, and trust.

If you like this post, then Buy Me a Drink

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Our Remuda~~All the Pretty Horses

  • Anonymous
    June 4, 2007 at 6:06 PM  

    Hi Cowboy girl ! Or coybow wife, should I say... ;)

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment - I appreciate !

    Wow, your life is fascinating to me as well ! Where are you located exactly ?

    I've always been fascinated with empty spaces. I grew up in France where space is pretty tight, then worked in Hong Kong where... you know, Hong Kong, I lived at the 32 floor of a huuuge building - took 5 min. in the elevator just to go ground floor !

    I traveled to Australia a few years ago and spent a while in Alice Spring, in the outback. I remembered the feeling, driving in the middle of nowhere, knowing that the closest town is miles away... The sky was so bright, for the first time of my life, I saw all the stars.

    I lived in Canada now, plenty of open spaces as well. I'm a city girl at heart but I can't help wondering what life would be in the country... So I'll get an idea by reading your blog now !

    Wow, 3 boys - I bet you're quite busy at home !

    I have to read more to your life better. I'll add your blog to my blogroll and do the Technorati stuff etc.

    See you soon !

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    June 5, 2007 at 9:50 AM  

    Thank you Zhu. I appreciate you adding my to your site and for taking the time to read my blog. I found yours to be equally interesting.