2007-07-26

BearTastic  


Several years ago, Colorado was having a terrible spread of forest fires. People lost their homes, people died, animals died, and some animals moved south. That brings to our little visitor....Yogi.
We are pretty for sure that Yogi come from Colorado. That's what the game warden thought anyways. We first knew something was up when our trash barrels were knocked over and trash scattered everywhere. We thought it might be a coon but it was an awful big mess to just be a coon. The next day, my husband was trotting in from checking fence when he saw the bear at our barrels. Talk about shocked. I mean a bear in Channing, Tx!? Anyways, he tied up his horse and started running to the house which scared the bear so it ran away. We knew he must be hungry so we through some meat in the barrels and waited........

About 3 hrs later, the bear returned. We had our camera ready and actually got really close to take the pictures. It was definitely a sight to see that's for sure! Our little long haired chihuahua(Rosita Chiquita) actually treed the bear...lol. Can you imagine a little thing like that scaring a big bear up into a tree. I won't tell you what happen to the bear.......you know, it IS illegal to kill bears in Texas.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 Neighs & Snorts: to “ BearTastic

  • Jo
    July 26, 2007 at 10:01 PM  

    Oh my gosh! I am scared to death of bears! I have nightmares about them at least once a week, which is kind of weird since I live in Illinois, which is not a heavily bear populated state. In fact, we have none. Jo from Fickle Food http://www.ficklefood.com/

  • Rene Perez
    July 26, 2007 at 10:56 PM  

    Hi! I dropped by to visit your blog after posting as a newbie on the forums and you welcomed me. That is when I saw the bear! WOW! I really thought we were safe from bears in Texas.. I certainly don't want to meet up with one.

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    July 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM  

    Jo~~I think bears are pretty but not in my yard!! I'm headin' to your site now.

    CR~~Thanks for stopping by. I try to welcome people because I was new once and know how it feels to feel "unwelcomed" so to speak. I hope I don't meet up again with one either.....now I have to worry about mountain lions:O