2007-07-02

Everything is BIGGER in Texas!  

Guest Blogger~~Sister-in-law
This happened a year ago or so, but I thought that is was interesting.....
Patterson Drilling, Abilene, TX was doing some cleanup around the yard. The forklift driver picked up a “pit” (10 ft by 10 ft by 15 ft), set it back down and called the office. “I need some people out here with shotguns”. Three men showed up. As many got away as were killed----62."
To me a Snake is a Snake no matter what kind, and since I have kid's I really don't want them around and would rid of them in any way possible. One thing that is great, is that we have a bulldog that handles most of our snake problems. So far we have only encounter one 5ft bull snake, and a 7" garder snake. These were handled by Peso "the snake dog". There is still alot of summer left for the Rattlers to come out and play... Have a Great snake free day!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Everything is BIGGER in Texas!

  • Anonymous
    July 2, 2007 at 5:23 PM  

    OMG !!! I wouldn't want that anywhere near me, kids or no kids !

    I remember, in Australia, we've seen some weird stuffs. Oh, and a couple of scorpions in Latin America. But never that many snakes !

    Can't wait to see what you tagged me with ;)

  • Jackie
    July 2, 2007 at 9:04 PM  

    Well I am from Texas but grew up in Dallas...so mostly only 2 legged snakes there. However, I am now in Oklahoma and we have a pond on our property...so I do occasionally run across snakes..but, we use geese and ducks...they work very well also. Us westerners have to be tough!!
    Oh yes I can't find where I have been tagged. help a numb blond out here. Thanks~jackie

  • Jackie
    July 2, 2007 at 9:06 PM  

    Told you I was numb...rotfl...I just re-read the post...no wonder I can't find the tag it's not tuesday yet..DUH!!!LOL:)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    July 2, 2007 at 9:07 PM  

    Hey woman...I've been bit by many scorpions!! We had them bad at one of the other ranches we lived on. I'm not too scared of snakes myself. Bees frighten me big time though!!!!
    This post on snakes was written by my sister-in-law.
    Later Gal.

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    July 2, 2007 at 9:10 PM  

    Hey Shinade..lol. I'm gonna go ahead and post it and do the timestamp for tomorrow.
    I have family in Oklahoma...crappy roads around there huh?
    I also have family in Dallas too. Hec, they're scattered everywhere!