2007-07-24

My First Hate Email  

I received an email from someone (who didn't leave a name or anything) saying they are getting tired of seeing all my reviews and thinks my whole theme sucks.

To The Coward Who Sent the Email:
Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and here's mine......
If you don't like my reviews, my theme, me, or anything else; then you can just take that mouse and shove it......no, no, no.....you can just click on that big red X and close the damn screen. This is my blog and I'll do with it what I want.

I apologize to my regular readers for the potty mouth.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



12 Neighs & Snorts: to “ My First Hate Email

  • Anonymous
    July 24, 2007 at 1:27 PM  

    I'm trying to remember what my first hate mail/comment was. I was very upset, I don't know why the net makes people feel like they can say things that they would never say in real life.

    Since then, I just smile when I get the comments, it just means that people are actually reading what I'm writing.

  • Jennifer
    July 24, 2007 at 1:36 PM  

    I agree, negative means that you are having an influence. Take all negative as a positive... Become a STAR! LOL...

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    July 24, 2007 at 2:36 PM  

    Sarakastic~~good name you have. I definately was upset at first but then I just thought about all the readers who DO like my blog. You make a good point...they are reading my blog;)

    Jennifer~~I'm not gonna let it get me down that's for sure. And hec, I already feel like a SUPERSTARRR!

  • Anonymous
    July 24, 2007 at 2:51 PM  

    Who out there is crazy enough to piss off a Cowboy's wife ??? :D

    Send the horses after him/ her !

    Seriously, I love the way people criticize anonymously - I mean, the web is huge, funny enough some people always bump into websites they hate !

  • Breezie
    July 24, 2007 at 4:10 PM  

    [quote]Seriously, I love the way people criticize anonymously - I mean, the web is huge, funny enough some people always bump into websites they hate ![/quote]

    I have one word for people who criticize anonymously...COWARD who basically have no friends, they are IBD's (Internet Basement Dwellers)who's only enjoyment they get is to try and create havoc.

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    July 24, 2007 at 5:26 PM  

    Zhu & breezie~~They obviously don't have anything better to do or perhaps weren't loved enough;)

    And I call them assholes but IBD's will work..it's much more tasteful than my pick..lol.

  • Jackie
    July 24, 2007 at 8:55 PM  

    Your blog rocks!!! Some people just can't handle jealousy I guess!! :)

  • Anonymous
    July 24, 2007 at 9:43 PM  

    I don't understand why people would bother having a go at other people's writings on their blog!

    If they are tired of it and think your blog sucks, then just leave and be done with it. Surely there are plenty more blogs to read out there that will suit his/her taste.

    We can't please everybody. This blog surely pleases me and more, so I ain't complaining. If at one point I end up hating this blog (don't worry, no chance of that. Just a point for illustration!) I'd simply stop coming and read. Simple, no?

    There's a fine line between giving 'constructive feedbacks' and plain hatemail.

    For every person who hates your blog, there are hundreds more that likes it. It's no big loss. I like your blog, so there!

    (As if me liking it matters, hahaha!)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    July 24, 2007 at 10:35 PM  

    Jackie~~Thanks so much!!

    Gloria~~Thank you for the kind words about my blog.

    I don't normally respond in such a manner but I've had a bad week and a half. I, too, find it hard to believe that people would take the time to write up some hate mail, fill out the contact me form, and send it...I mean, geez, go to the next blog if you don't like it. Anyhoo, I'm over it. There are more important things in this world to worry about;)

  • Anonymous
    July 24, 2007 at 11:12 PM  

    First, I happen to like your reviews. Keep em coming. Second, I've gotten things on mine like "you write like a kid." Hmmm, maybe so. But I love to rite lik dat and Im gonna. So there. LOL!!!

    Having been on a few email lists that had a couple of flame wars, comments like those do not bother me anymore. I'm sorry you got one but on the other hand, I have found out that if you get those, it means that you're getting somewhere. All right!!! (Ain't it bootiful to have a delete command!)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    July 24, 2007 at 11:23 PM  

    Thanks Jaz! I riyat lika hick but I don't give a dang. I'm gonna keep ona doin' it...lol. Okay, I tried to mix it up there;)

    I know there are idiots out there and I'm not about to let them get me down! I like my theme and think my reviews are pretty good too.
    I love the delete and wish I had a better tracking system 'cause then I'd a tracked em' down and hung em' out to dry. Man, I think I'm gettin' tired or something:)

  • Anonymous
    July 25, 2007 at 8:09 AM  

    I get it all the time because I guess I write stuff that pisses off certain groups of people some of the time. I usually record their IP addresses if I can, just in case.