2007-09-18

I Can Be Nice Too  

I'm sure most of my fellow bloggers think I'm oh so nice but I'm really not:) However, I have done some really nice things for people. The first one that comes to mind and that is most recent, would be giving a lady money to fix her van. Breaking down out here in the middle of nowhere can be an absolute nightmare, especially if your a woman. I mean, it's dangerous to break down in no man's land, by yourself, and so close to Mexico. Really that applies to any place! Anyhoo, a woman broke down at the little store, where I was working, and after calling a tow company and getting an estimate, she learned it was going to be $600 to fix it. She was crying and crying. Luckily, we are at a point in our lives where we can afford to pay if something like this were to happen to us but we have been where she was. That's a lot of money to dish out for an average person. She tried to sell me her ring and some other little piddly stuff but I just couldn't do that. I had just gotten my check from the store so I cashed it and gave her $200 and my husband hauled her to the next biggest town. My husband talked to the mechanics and was able to get her a deal. The total bill was $423 bucks. She had the rest but it left her broke. She did have enough gas money to make it to her destination so that was good. FYI...she was on her way to pick up the kids from their Dad's place. She did call him for help but he said no..sorry bastard.

Do you have a random act of kindness story? Surely, there are still some good Samaritans around???

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 Neighs & Snorts: to “ I Can Be Nice Too

  • Anonymous
    September 18, 2007 at 12:04 AM  

    that is so sweet!

  • Anonymous
    September 18, 2007 at 11:25 AM  

    I loaned a desperate guy airfare once. We had been on a crew together performing one of the worst jobs in the world. He had partied away most of his advance and our actual pay was 'in the mail'

    It took a long time, but he paid me back. He deducted the charge for the money order from what he owed me.

  • Anonymous
    September 18, 2007 at 8:10 PM  

    That's pretty nice from you !

    I've never had the chance to be generous with money, cause well, as a young woman I'm always broke !

    However, I help my students everyday more than I should sometimes. I love helping... I can give time, knowledge (sometimes !) but money... I'd if I had any !