2007-10-17

How Much is Your Grocery Bill?  

I bought groceries yesterday and spent a whopping $408.54! This lasts the whole month with only buying milk and fresh produce throughout the rest of the month. Of course, we get out beef free so that is not included in the bill.

I'm exhausted today and trying to clean up a bit and wash clothes. You see, I will be ALL BY MYSELF this weekend!!! Woohooo. My 2 youngest are going to go stay with their Aunt and my other 2 will be going to the Tom Butler Memorial Bronc Ridin' this weekend. Oh my, what am I going to do???!!!

Anyways, I was just curious on what your monthly grocery bill is. I would love to know if mine is normal or not. I left the grocery store with 3 baskets. Try fitting that and Wal-mart household stuff in an Oldsmobile Alero with a carseat;) We have a big truck but the gas is too costly to fill it up so I just took my car. Back to washing clothes:(

P.S. I will post the Name that Tune later today;)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 Neighs & Snorts: to “ How Much is Your Grocery Bill?

  • Ranch Wife
    October 17, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

    I too just return from town for a ton of groceries ~ I can relate! I'm cookin for a crew this week ~ they can put away a lot of food!

    Wish we could go to the bronc riding. Is your hubby riding? We've got a good friend who is riding.

    Good to find a ranch wife in the blog world. What ranch are y'all on? We're in NM, but oroginally from West Texas. I recognized the mountain range in an earlier post. Are y'all still there?

  • Anonymous
    October 17, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

    we spend about $120 a week and that includes milk, produce, and meat.

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    October 17, 2007 at 1:27 PM  

    Hey Leigh..I guess that's normal?..:)

    Hi Karin. I know all about cookin' for a crew! Lots of work.

    I don't want to go the ridin'. But we have many friends that are ridin' in it. We know just about everyone is that part of the country:)

    I see your blog is new. I replied to your last question at your blog;)

    Keep in touch!

  • Jennifer
    October 17, 2007 at 7:20 PM  

    I spend a ton like that all at one time. I don't go back until I am almost out of food though. That was until Stan started living here and than...I go more frequently because he goes nuts without bananas.

    I sometimes take my school bus to the grocery store, so the problem with that is your food rolls all over the floor unless you tie the bags to seat legs. LOL...

    Have a great day.

  • Unknown
    October 17, 2007 at 8:33 PM  

    I spend entirely too much. I probally spend about $150 a week. It is mainly because we have to keep going back for fresh produce. That doesn't include shopping at the little ethnic markets around here.

    I have gotten a little bit better. I am trying to limit myself to 2 trips a week and that is it.

  • Anonymous
    October 18, 2007 at 10:42 AM  

    We spend about $260 a month, and that is up a good bit since my son was born. We buy a lot of moderately expensive foods specifically for him that we would not otherwise have in the house -- cottage cheese, Cheerios, Kix, string cheese, Yo-Baby yogurt, organic milk, etc...

    I'm sure it will go up as he gets older and will eat double what my wife and I eat combined. Plus, we don't eat much red meat now, but that may change as he starts to develop his own tastes and preferences. That'll drive the bill up even more...