2007-10-24

Possibly Mad Cow  

I should have wrote this yesterday but I needed time to think about and cool off a bit. I’m sure many of you are loyal readers of cow just as I am, so when I opened up my reader to see a certain C word in the title, I was shocked but mostly dissappointed. I made a point to comment on the word…here’s what I said:


As you can see Darren also replied saying, basically, the same thing I did–about it being poor taste.

Aside from being offended, I was embarrassed that I had linked to him awhile back as being “a blog to checkout”. I have many women readers and I know a couple of them were thinking why the hec I referred them to his blog. I apologize to all my readers but my female audience in particular.
I think Mr. Cow has become a “mad” cow these days. He seems to defensive about many things and is starting to remind of TechCrunch…you know, saying things to get people stirred up or doing whatever to get backlinks and traffic. I despise techcrunch and no longer read them because they have turned into a gossip corner in my opinion. Anyways, I think the cow needs to rethink things a bit. I really miss the funny guy who always had clever things to say.

I realize that different countries have different versions of what words are considered a no-no and absolute vulgar, but even putting something like that (which we all know what is implied when that is said) is just out of line.

Mr. Cow has changed the title of that post. While I’m appreciative of that, the deed is done and I can still visualize the word. All I can think about, is the good natured people that read his blog– who’s kids or grandkids were wearing those little Johncow.com outfits and how one word has can make a man go from funny to jerk.

My beef is over with this matter and I can only hope that I see something better appearing in my reader.

P.S. My intentions were NOT to link to him but since I think this would be a good lesson to learn, I am. I want you to see that I was not the only one with a bad reaction to the word.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Possibly Mad Cow