2007-10-03

They're Driving me Batty!  

Every year a flood of bats migrate to and from Mexico. They should already be heading back to Mexico for the Winter but we have a few that refuse to leave. The inside of our barn is made of wood with nice wide cracks in-between. This is the perfect hangout for our little friends. It was really hard to get pictures of them but I managed to take 2 fairly decent photos. The first one shows several bats and the second one is a close up. I had to flip the picture on its side so you could see them better. One of our favorite things to do is turn on our security light, and watch them fly around at night eating bugs. It's really kinda neat. Anyhoo, enjoy the pics. I mean really, who couldn't love a face like that?

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 Neighs & Snorts: to “ They're Driving me Batty!

  • Natalie
    October 3, 2007 at 1:15 AM  

    I'm a scardy cat...those would freak me out!

  • Anonymous
    October 3, 2007 at 7:08 PM  

    OMG...that is crazy!! I'd stay away from them because I heard many bats carry rabies and other diseases.

  • Jo
    October 5, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

    I love bats! The world needs more bats--every night they eat their weight in mosquitoes. Mosquitoes have killed more humans than any other creature on earth. And some bats are even kind of cute, I'd much rather have a bats in my belfry (and some might say I do)than rats.
    Batty Jo