- Thirteen is the 6th smallest prime number.
- 13 goes into 999,999 exactly 76,923 times.
- The number of participants at the Last Supper.
- Thirteen is regarded as an unlucky number in many cultures.
- In Tarot decks, the 13th card of the Major Arcana is Death.
- The number of steps, according to Egyptian lore, between life and death.
- In Jewish tradition a boy becomes bar mitzvah at age 13, when a ceremony is held and the boy reads from the Torah for the first time.
- The original flag had thirteen stars, one for each state.
- The number of loaves in a "baker's dozen".
- Princess Diana died when her car hit the thirteenth pillar of a tunnel in Paris, on August 31, 1997.
- Chromosome 13 is the largest human acrocentric chromosome.
- The number of guns in a gun salute to U.S. Army, Air Force and Marine Corps Major Generals, and Navy and Coast Guard Rear Admirals Upper Half.
- You may remember the disaster that befell NASA’s space shuttle, Apollo 13. Did you know that Apollo 13 left our planet on the 13th hour? An explosion in the fuel cells of the service module severely crippled the spacecraft. The number 13 may have brought good luck for the 3 Astronauts who returned safety to earth on Friday 17 April 1970.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!View More Thursday Thirteen Participants