2007-08-13

Exhausting Weekend  

We spent most of Saturday at an auction that we only won 2 tubes of horse wormer:( and then at 4:00, we left to Alpine for the ranch rodeo. It was fun but hot and Truett (my littlest) was chiflado, as usual, when we're in town. We got home around 2:00 in the am, went to bed, woke up with the runt at 4:45 and then permantaly at 6:30. So very little sleep to say the least. Then we got ready and left for Odessa at 8:30 to go school shopping. We found most everything we needed until it came time for the jeans and school supplies. After 4 stores and an extra 20 miles to Midland, we found the right size of Wranglers for my son. Now off to school supplies at the infamous Wal-mart. We found everything EXCEPT half our list. I couldn't believe how crowded it was and how empty the shelves were. Geez, they didn't even have regular notebook paper for cryin' out loud. After spending about 1 1/2 hours there, it was time to check out. The lines went out to the clothes, of course and we ended up waiting in line for 56 minutes to finally check out. Why in the hell do you have 25 lanes if you're not gonna open them up to check people out!? Absolutely ridiculous!
To try and make up for it, my husband took us to see Rush Hour 3. Freakin' hilarious!!! We cracked up the whole time and can't wait to get the DVD. After the movie, we had to stop back at Wal-Mart on our way out to get some cold stuff like milk. Now this is at 11:30pm and the line wait this time was about 32 minutes. Finally, we are on our way home!! It's a 2hr. drive and we ended up home at about 2:30am. Talk about a looooong drive home. We all woke up at 6:00 this morning with the little guy so now I'm trying to get the umf to get dressed and mail off the xbox we sold on ebay last night. "sigh".
I'm playin' 20 questions at over at Eternal Flux right now so if you want to play, head on over. PEACE OUT!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



15 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Exhausting Weekend

  • Jo
    August 13, 2007 at 9:00 PM  

    I can't read your blog anymore! After the first second or so the page turns dark brown with blue green letters, and even with my glasses I can't make out a lot of it...is it supposed to be turning brown? Jo

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 13, 2007 at 9:13 PM  

    I don't know what the hec...I can see it fine on all our computers. I'll post it in a forum to see if anyone else is having trouble...Sorry.

  • Anonymous
    August 13, 2007 at 9:34 PM  

    You blog looks fine on my PC...

    Anyway, looks like a busy week-end. I've never been to an auction - what is it like ? I mean, I know how it works - roughly - but why did you go ?

    I saw Rush Hour 3 too... Considering I'm French and the man is Chinese, we had plenty of offensive jokes for each other :D

    Can I be your taxi driver ??? :D

  • Proletariatof1
    August 13, 2007 at 10:28 PM  

    Horse wormer?? :) Could that be the answer to the "C" question? Hmmmmm

    Oh wait no "C". Dang that would have been a good one. :)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 13, 2007 at 11:32 PM  

    Hola Chica! Yep, I think it's on her end.

    Auction~~I guess it depends on what kind of auction it is but I'd say loooong and mostly fun. I have a blast bidding on things but we didn't win a dang thing. Everybody was bidding on that junk like it was new...what a bunch of idiots. We went to find an old truck for my son to use on these ranch roads to go to the school bus and back home. We also go to find things to sell on ebay;)

    You can get carried away with bidding sometimes. You have to watch yourself or you'll leave with everything..lol.

    You know I didn't even think about that(Rush Hour). What languages do you speak again Zhu?

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 13, 2007 at 11:33 PM  

    Cman~Are you freakin' kiddin' me. Is that some kind of hint or what?Geez...now I have to think about it.

  • Proletariatof1
    August 14, 2007 at 12:02 AM  

    This comment has been removed by the author.

  • Proletariatof1
    August 14, 2007 at 12:02 AM  

    okay now where is my dollar :)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 14, 2007 at 12:37 AM  

    CMAN~~PAID IN FULL!!

  • Jackie
    August 14, 2007 at 2:14 PM  

    45 minutes in line at wal-mart? I would have hurt somebody!! lol

    BTW, you've been tagged... :)
    http://callmewhenyougetthere.blogspot.com/2007/08/meme-my-middle-name.html

  • Proletariatof1
    August 14, 2007 at 8:58 PM  

    :) you are so funny. Did I surprise you?

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 14, 2007 at 9:29 PM  

    YES YOU DID!!!...Now give me a hint about the C or I'll post that picture EVERYWHERE:)

  • Proletariatof1
    August 14, 2007 at 11:31 PM  

    Oh now we are getting nasty ;)

    hmmm a hint? Well, it's not "horse wormer".

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 14, 2007 at 11:55 PM  

    Gee thanks for the big hint:(

  • Anonymous
    August 20, 2007 at 10:25 PM  

    I can relate. I just did the shopping thing with my son.