2007-08-16

The Story of Us  

I'm often asked how I met my husband, what does he look like, etc... so I thought I'd share the boring story with ya.


It was August of 92' when me and my girl were cruisin' downtown in my 280ZX. (Yeah, I was the cool one;) We saw these 5 guys with cowboy hats all squished up in a itty bitty car. They were all brothers. We drove past them and one of them stuck his tongue out at me. (REAL mature!) I looked at my girl and said "he's the one". Well, later that night me and the "posse" were hangin' out at the Village SuperMarket parking lot when guess who rolls up? No, not all the guys...instead it was the one guy, who stuck his tongue out, inbetween 2 girls. The driver asked me if I had a problem with him, pointing at the tongue sticker outer, and asked why were me and my friend making fun of him and the other guys. I responded with "we weren't making fun of anyone, we were flirting but if you want to get out of the car we can settle it right now". (Yep, I was also a badass:) AND, I had backup so I could talk smack. The guy said forget about it and they ended up leaving. That guy is, of course, my husband. We basically had 3 run ins with eachother in a weeks time and being young and stupid, I fell in love. School started in a week and he was leaving in a week to Kingsville to work on the King Ranch. I was sad and apparently desperate. I skipped my first week of my Junior year, called in sick to Kmart, and took what money I had in my purse & headed to Kingsville. Didn't tell nobody by my girl. I made it all the way to San Antonio and then ran out of gas. I was out of money, it was late at night, and I was a bit scared. I flagged a car down and said I would sell them my bracelet for some gas money and that I had lost my wallet at some other town I made up. The man offered me a place to stay for the night and he would give me gas money in the morning. So I went. WHAT IN THE HELL WAS I THINKING?? It turned out that he was a juvenile probation officer. He gave me money the next morning and sent me on my way. I finally arrived in Kingsville but now what? I grabbed a phone book and looked up the last name. I found a few and picked one. Got directions to the house and headed on over. You should have seen his face when I got there. Shocked would be an understatement. I mean, we had only known eachother for 2 weeks!! I stayed there and we got to know eachother. I did have to take the car back home because my parents reported it stolen but I took a bus back to Kingsville. This was in August of 92' and we married in January of 93'. We have been together since.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 Neighs & Snorts: to “ The Story of Us

  • Anonymous
    August 16, 2007 at 7:38 AM  

    Hooray to that! I just love reading how people met each other. Looks like you were an adventurous feisty laydee back then. Uhm. Perhaps you are still . ;)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 16, 2007 at 8:40 AM  

    Gloria~~I was something but don't know what;) And yep, I'm pretty much the same today as I was back then...just a little more grown up:)

  • Anonymous
    August 16, 2007 at 5:48 PM  

    That's a cool story ! Funny to see how people meet each other and fall in love... and you embraced the cowboy life ! :$

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 16, 2007 at 5:57 PM  

    Zhu~~It's some story...I hope my kids don't do something stupid like that though. And I do LOVE the cowboy life:)

  • Anonymous
    August 18, 2007 at 7:32 AM  

    That's such a wild story! It's amazing how fast it can happen, isn't it? Your hubby looks so much like Gerald McRaney!.

    Anyway, thanks for sharing your story! :)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 8:22 AM  

    Hi Dawn. Yes, it did happen super fast. I guess it was meant to be though since we're still together;)

    Thanks for stopping by. I'm headed your way to see your blog.