2007-08-19

Self Portrait Sunday 8/19/07  

Now, I totally don't want to do this BUT I am going to do it because I am trying to get over the whole pictures of me phobia. As I have said before, most fat girls don't like to have their photo taken, especially when the camera needs to be on landscape mode, and I'm at the top of that list but I WILL DO IT.

If you want to join in this weekly meme, you can do so by participating in the Self Portrait Sunday over at Digi-Cass.

I noticed everyone using their own hand to take the picture of themselves, but since that would mean even a more close up of my fat face, I decided to use my timer on my camera!! AND...I didn't even put my make up on! Sorry ya'll had to see me like that:( Well, I guess I've delayed long enough. DrumRoll please~~~~~~~~~~~~


ME AND MY FATHER-IN-LAW'S NEW COON PUP


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



30 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Self Portrait Sunday 8/19/07

  • Anonymous
    August 19, 2007 at 7:20 AM  

    This is a terrific photo. You look so relaxed for a gal who is scared out of her wits.

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 7:51 AM  

    HA! If you only knew how many I took to get this one..lol.

  • Anonymous
    August 19, 2007 at 9:33 AM  

    Great picture :)

    Having a pet or a kid in our arms seems to help us relax our faces for these things.

  • THE ANiTOKiD
    August 19, 2007 at 9:40 AM  

    Loved the pic! Beautiful! Reminds me of my kids' red dachsund, Yehey! Thanks for the beautiful post!

    By the way, I've submitted an entry to a local contest - 2007 Wika Project. It focuses on Filipino as our national language. If you have time, please vote for my article (if you like the piece, of course).

    The URL is at http://anitokid.blogspot.com/2007/08/filipino-bonding-nation-and-its-people.html

    The poll will start on August 20 12:00am up to August 25 11:59:59pm (Philippine time).

    Much thanks!
    AnitoKid

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 9:53 AM  

    Thank you Martin. I held the puppy to hide some of the fat:)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

    AnitoKid~~Thank you for the compliment. My mom used to raise wiener dogs....and she still has 3!

    You can count on my to vote for you!!

  • Corrin
    August 19, 2007 at 10:46 AM  

    That's a great picture!

  • Jo
    August 19, 2007 at 11:02 AM  

    I think you look great! Love the doggie too! I tried to include one of my dogs, Beans, but she was just too wriggly and I kept shaking the camera. My picture only took 97 tries! I must learn to do that photo shop stuff...

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 11:21 AM  

    Hey Jo...thanks for the visit and the nice words. Yeah, I wanted a bigger dog to "hide" me but they were all out prowling;)

    And I took quite a few shots before picking this one. I think a timer and a tripod works much better than holding the camera yourself!

  • Anonymous
    August 19, 2007 at 12:24 PM  

    Great first picture.
    I do the kid-cheat quite a bit myself because I usually take a billion tries myself otherwise.
    Welcome to the meme!

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 1:53 PM  

    Ami-chan~~Thanks for stopping by. I didn't realize how many people participated in this meme.

    And thank you for the welcome!

  • Flo
    August 19, 2007 at 3:58 PM  

    That's a great picture. I was going to use one of my dogs but they were having none of that stuff :) My entry is over at http://flosplaceonline.com

    (blogger is to my other blog :)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 4:05 PM  

    Thank you Flo! I'm headed that way!

  • Jackie
    August 19, 2007 at 7:33 PM  

    You are NOT fat at all! You look adorable and your dog is precious!!! It is a GREAT picture!! I'm going to have to try this meme soon! :)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 7:54 PM  

    Jackie~~Aw..you're too kind. I am definately a fatty, you just can't see it all;)

    I'm so happy I won your contest!! You can be brutally honest about my site.

    And you should join the meme, it's been fun and I've had lots of traffic which is a bonus!

  • Anonymous
    August 19, 2007 at 8:24 PM  

    Aww, you're too hard on yourself! This is a great picture, and you look wonderful :) I've taken plenty of pictures with the timer too (smaller double chin that way lol), so no worries there! Hope to see you become a regular on SPS!

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 9:05 PM  

    Jennifer~~Yeah, I am a little hard on myself but it's because I know it's the truth.
    And I know exactly what you mean about the double chin or triple in my case..lol.
    I plan to do the meme on a regular basis. I'm having fun as long as I don't look at my own picture:)

  • Anonymous
    August 19, 2007 at 9:05 PM  

    I agree with everybody else. It's a great picture of you. And you have beautiful hair! I miss the days when I had long hair.

  • Anonymous
    August 19, 2007 at 9:35 PM  

    Okay, I'm not original ;) but that's a beautiful picture.

    I know, getting over a picture phobia isn't easy... I still don't like pictures of myself much... but the more you take the more yoy get used to it. It's like hearing your voice on the first on radio !

    Anyway, you look beautiful. Do I need to mention the hair I'm so jealous of again ???

  • Proletariatof1
    August 19, 2007 at 9:46 PM  

    hey join the club with the phobia. I am the same way. That is a great picture by the way. I think you already know my opinion on the pictures you post on your site (well other than the "bobbit" ones :0 )

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 9:56 PM  

    Hola Chica! I think people are just "being polite" when they say it's a pretty picture. I know dang well it's not a good picture. Nevertheless, I appreciate the kind words.

    My hair was washed today..lol. It don't happen EVERY day unfortunately.

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 19, 2007 at 9:57 PM  

    Cman..you didn't seem too shy with the photograph you showed me;)

    And thank you for the nice words.

  • Michele
    August 20, 2007 at 6:07 AM  

    Ok, first time here and when I read the paragraph to this upcoming picture I was thinking I was going to see this really grotesque person but geeze.... you are not fat!! You are beautiful! I'm a large girl as well and I don't care. But gosh, it's a fantastic picture and I hope you post more!! Wonderful blog (Jackie sent me), will drop in more often!

  • Paper Fan Club
    August 20, 2007 at 7:47 AM  

    I LOVE this photo. You have nothing to hide, you are truly a natural beauty with a wonderful smile. :)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 20, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

    Michelle~~ lol. I think it's grotesque! But thank you for the nice words. And I think Jackie is great!

    Paper Fan~~Awww..thank you. Naturaly beautiful..nope but it was nice of you to say;)

  • Anonymous
    August 20, 2007 at 10:13 AM  

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog! And I'm so glad to have found another great blog to read!

    And where's the fat girl????

    You look beautiful in the picture! I'd kill to have your hair!

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 20, 2007 at 10:57 PM  

    Thanks for the nice words catwoman!! I, too, am glad to have a new blog and one that is from Texas!

  • Anonymous
    August 21, 2007 at 4:09 PM  

    Are you kidding?! You're so cute! So is the pup. I'm still chicken to post my pic, the boys get all the attention!

  • Jayme
    August 21, 2007 at 9:18 PM  

    That's a great picture! It's so nice to put a face with the name. :)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 22, 2007 at 6:05 PM  

    Baseballmom~~If I can do it, you can do it!!!

    Jayme~~Thank you Jayme. And I like seeing whose doing the "talking" in the blogs too.