2007-08-31

Share a Square and Help a Kid  

I came across "This Eclectic Life" during my rounds with Thursday Thirteen and just had to share with you all.

I love to crochet and when I read what these ladies do, it touched my heart and inspired me. If your heart is big enough and you can crochet, I hope that you will consider participating in the Share a Square campaign for kids with cancer. All they want you to do is crochet a square and send it to them. They are making these afghans for each kid at the camp. Camp Sanguinity has allowed children being treated for cancer and blood disorders to have a summer camp experience. The camp allows children receiving treatment at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth to spend a week gaining confidence and determination by challenging themselves, trying new activities, learning new skills and making new friends.

Now if you don't crochet, you could still send them some black Red Heart brand yarn. They are in desperate need of this. The black yarn is what outlines the squares and puts the whole afghan together! You can also make a donation. It doesn't even need to be money. They take bottled water, hats, caps, sunscreen, markers, and sooo much more!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Share a Square and Help a Kid

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 10:20 PM  

    What a sweetheart of a blogger you are! Thanks for posting about Share A Square. I'm not going to neigh or snort, because I'm being ladylike...sort of. I appreciate you more than I can tell you! I'll add you to the blogroll!

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 30, 2007 at 10:24 PM  

    Sweet I'm not but I am caring. Thank you for the add and you will be getting my squares soon! It's a wonderful thing ya'll are doing;)