2007-08-30

Thursday Thirteen ~ My TV WatchList  

If you're not participating in TT, then you're missing out on a fun meme and the chance to meet new friends. I was gonna be creative this week but we had company among other things going on so this is my quick list!


  1. I'm all about reality! Big Brother, Survivor, and The Ultimate Coyote are some of my favs.
  2. CourtTV. I was a jury once when I was a kid. A boy had stolen a music cd from Kmart. GUILTY! He had to do some community service.
  3. Iron Chef and Challenge are 2 of my favorites. I like to see them work under pressure and see what kind of dish they will create.
  4. Dog the Bounty Hunter rocks! I like the way he is with his family and I love a tough man that can cry;)
  5. Chelsea Lately is freakin' hilarious!! Man she cracks me up.
  6. I'm a home shopper---QVC baby:)
  7. I LOVE ultimate fighting, boxing, and football.
  8. I try to watch World Poker Tour when I get a chance. One of these days I'll play my brother-in-law who is big poker fan....and I will win.
  9. Little House on the Prarie.....I want families to be more like the Ingalls.
  10. I hated SpongeBob at first but have grown to love Patrick. "Man I need a life".
  11. YES, I watch the news but I don't enjoy it. It's so depressing.
  12. I've been a fan of the Price is Right for as long as I can remember. I don't think I'll care much for Drew Carey though:(
  13. I long for new episodes of Fear Factor...I KNOW I could win and do all that stuff--It's sooo easy;)

There it is---all the crap I watch on TV. I am mostly on the computer during free time but if I do watch TV, these are the things I watch.

Please leave a comment after you submit your link.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



31 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Thursday Thirteen ~ My TV WatchList

  • Malcolm
    August 30, 2007 at 12:09 AM  

    I love football too! Although I don't watch boxing as much as I used to, I still catch it on ESPN Classic from time to time.

    When I was kid, I used to say that I hated "Little House On the Prairie". But how can you hate something that you never really gave a chance? Several years later when TBS showed back-to-back eps of "Little House" in the morning, I really started to get into it. I still catch it occas. on TV Land. As a side note, I met Melissa Gilbert a few years ago. She was very friendly and down to earth.

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 12:09 AM  

    I also love reality shows and the Iron Chef. Happy TT! :)

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 1:20 AM  

    Geat list!! I'm not much on reality tv... then again, kinda hard to watch anything when you don't own a tv.

    Mine is up at: 13 Bloomers

  • -E
    August 30, 2007 at 2:35 AM  

    Big Brother and Dog The Bounty Hunter are on my TV watch list too hehe.

    Happy Thursday.

  • Darla
    August 30, 2007 at 4:12 AM  

    Drew Carey is doing The Price Is Right?? Gee, the things I miss when I don't watch TV.

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 6:15 AM  

    My fav "reality-based fantasy" show is "So You Think You Can Dance?" In fact, this summer, apart from that and Burn Notice, TV almost hasn't been on my radar at all.

  • Ann
    August 30, 2007 at 7:18 AM  

    I love Iron Chef. Have you seen Dinner: Impossible, that can be pretty fun. Other than the Food Network, I'm not so much into reality tv. Happy TT.

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 7:29 AM  

    What a list! I only wish I could watch some of them!

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 8:22 AM  

    Nice TT, though I don't watch a single one of them. The news over here isn't news--it's like an entertainment show. ;)

    And yeah, a depressing one.

    I have two TTs:
    http://www.ravensroads.com
    http://www.markeroni.com/blog/

  • Ann Aguirre
    August 30, 2007 at 8:26 AM  

    I like the Iron Chef and Spongebob. I know, weird combination, right?

  • rashbre
    August 30, 2007 at 8:32 AM  

    We are blitzed with Reality shows in the UK. The latest Big Brother finishes tomorrow although the ratings have gone right down.

    Unfortunately for every good show there seems to be a bunch of bad 'uns, so I tend not to watch.

    rashbre

  • Unknown
    August 30, 2007 at 8:47 AM  

    I totally love Iron Chef!!

  • Unknown
    August 30, 2007 at 9:05 AM  

    e-mail me your address to leighmdavis@yahoo.com and I can send you SAMPLES baby!

  • Deb
    August 30, 2007 at 9:12 AM  

    Yeah, I'm not so sure I'll like Drew Carey on TPIR either... Great list! :)

  • Chelle Y.
    August 30, 2007 at 10:22 AM  

    I am watching "Little House on the Prairie" right now. It's on every morning here. I still cry! Can you believe these shows used to be Prime Time Television? Boy, have times changed!

    www.chelleyoung.com

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 11:13 AM  

    I still watch Little House on the Prairie. Love watching Dog because of Leland.

    Happy TT!!

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

    I loved the little house books when I was a kid, but I don't think I'd want to live that way now...though I'd love to be able to visit there when I needed a break from the modern world.

    I really like some reality shows, especially the competitive ones like "Project Runway"---I recommend anything starring British chef Gordon Ramsay!

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

    I don't get much TV in, but Drew Carey will never fit at the Price is Right. Ugh.

  • Lori's Light Extemporanea
    August 30, 2007 at 12:56 PM  

    Too fun! I haven't watched TV in years. We got rid of it when our oldest was a baby because we just watched it so much. We do watch dvd's & videos though. We love Monk.

  • Lori's Light Extemporanea
    August 30, 2007 at 12:59 PM  

    Oh, and I meant to say that I'm not very girly either but what used to be exclusively my knitting bag got turned into my purse when my twins got out of diapers and I could no longer tuck my ID into their diaper bag. Then it evolved from there.

    I loved LHOTP, both growing up and now. And we liked Dr. Quinn too, when we saw it on video.

  • Susan Helene Gottfried
    August 30, 2007 at 2:08 PM  

    Hey, fellow Dog lover! Did you know his book was #1 on the New York Times Best-seller list (Non-fiction) last week???

    I've SO got to get my hands on it.

    And what's up with Iron Chef? Is there a new series or something?

  • Cinnamon Girl
    August 30, 2007 at 2:10 PM  

    LOVE Iron Chef. Actually I am pretty much a Food Network, Travel Channel, HGTV and Bravo addict. Oh and Clinton and Stacy rock.

  • N.J.Walters
    August 30, 2007 at 2:14 PM  

    I'm not much for reality tv. I have some favorite shows and also like baseball and hockey!

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 2:32 PM  

    I love the price is right too...but I do love Drew Carey, I'm just not sure how everyone is going to adjust to seeing him instead of Bob. :(

  • Cynthia
    August 30, 2007 at 2:44 PM  

    Right there with you on The Price is Right...Come back Bob,...Bob,...Come on down!

  • Unknown
    August 30, 2007 at 3:08 PM  

    I love Survivor. I had a friend who was on it a couple seasons back, he gave me tons of inside dirt and I'm so going to write a reality show romance one of these days. LOL

  • Natalie
    August 30, 2007 at 6:29 PM  

    I LOVE Dog the Bounty Hunter! My husband teases me for this. But even my 2 year old daughter loves it when the theme song starts for the show.

  • L^2
    August 30, 2007 at 8:11 PM  

    Wow, I feel boring. I don't watch anything on your list but the news. :-)

    Thanks for visiting my TT! :-)

  • Helena
    August 30, 2007 at 8:37 PM  

    LOL, my family is like Th Engels. I love that picture on your post, the horses kissing. I saw a pair of horses doing that last week, and I didn't have my camera.

  • Teena in Toronto
    August 30, 2007 at 9:22 PM  

    I can't wait for Survivor to start in a couple weeks! Whoohoo!

    Thanks for visiting mine :)

  • Anonymous
    August 30, 2007 at 11:39 PM  

    The reality shows I watch are The Amazing Race, Hell's Kitchen, The Apprentice.

    You're not supposed to enjoy the news, but it is best to watch it in order not to live in a cave.

    Sorry, but I think Dog the Bounty Hunter is a sordid little vigilante who has found a way to indulge himself as a mindless bully.