2007-08-06

Irresponsible Parents Make Me Sick!  

We received some news this morning that a little girl drowned. That little girl was 11 and was my son's first crush. I broke the news to my son this morning because I didn't want him to hear from someone at school. He's been in his room crying and it just breaks my heart. I don't know what to say to him or anything. I'm at a loss.

I am so mad about this whole thing. How can you leave your child, who you know can't swim, with a friend at their swimming pool unsupervised??? I swear I just want to strangle her mother!!!!! WHERE WERE THE ADULTS?? Our job as adults and, more importantly, as parents are to protect our children from harm. There are some things that can't be helped but this is not one of them. It was the parent's responsibility to make sure the children were supervised. More than likely, there was an assumption that everything would be ok but you should never assume and always take precaution!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Irresponsible Parents Make Me Sick!

  • Jayme
    August 6, 2007 at 1:23 PM  

    Hey there pardner! I wanted to email you but I can't find you email address! I have some questions for you. I love your blog. I just added it to my blogroll. My email is on my blog.

  • Unknown
    August 6, 2007 at 1:35 PM  

    I am totally with you on this one. We just bought a house with an above ground pool. Thank goodness we have a fenced yard. I don't want kids sneaking in while I am at work.

    Thanks for playing 20 questions! Better luck next week, Jayme is good!

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 6, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

    Jayme~~I emailed you. Thank you for the compliment and I'll add you to mine as well! Congrats on the 20 Q's:)

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 6, 2007 at 2:09 PM  

    Eternal Flux~~All it takes is someone sitting there watching the kids to prevent something so tragic.

    I enjoyed the game but I guess I need to be a little faster if I wanna win..lol!

  • Mic Man
    August 6, 2007 at 2:23 PM  

    Thank you for checking out my blog. I will take what you said into consideration. As to this post, I see bad parenting all day long while I'm working at the mall. It's inexcusable and ridiculous.

  • Lori aka A Cowboy's Wife
    August 6, 2007 at 2:33 PM  

    Mic Man~~It really is a shame that kids have to be raised by sh*tty parents. If you don't want the responsibility of kids then close your legs!

    Thanks for stopping by. And come back again;)