2007-08-09

Keeping Your Woman Happy  

Cman has been asking for a follow up so here it is.
This was much harder to write than the one about Keeping Your Man Happy. Different women need & want different things. I personally have different wants than most because I am a bit more old fashion. With that said, here are 5 things to keep your woman happy.

1. Lovin' not Bangin'~~It takes more than sayin' "you wanna do it?" to get us in the mood. Gentle kisses on our neck, down to our side, back up, and whispering something (sweet not vulgar) in our ear would be a great start. We don't appreciate the whole wham bam thank you maam. And forgodsakes, don't turn right around and go to sleep. We want to feel loved not like a whore. Just hold us for a little bit. Is it really that hard to do?

2. The Need for Green~~As shallow as it may sound, money can definitely keep a woman happy. Yes we like to shop and whatever but really it's about feeling secure and financially stable. And yes, I LOVE to work and have my OWN money but I also like knowing that my man is still going to be able to take care of me, the house, kids, or whatever.

3. Learn to CHAT~~In other words, learn how to make small talk, as well as, listen. You must be enthusiastic, interested in the woman, and say more than just "yeah" or "nah" or nodding and laughing.
For example, I just got home with my new shirt (that took me an hour to figure out if I looked good in it or not) and ask...."What do you think of my new shirt?" Don't just say, "Yeah, that looks nice." Say something like, "Yeah, that's looks real nice...why don't you try it on for me?"
Now, we know you really don't want to see us in our new shirt (maybe if it was lingerie;) but we really do care about what you think of how we look. It's important to US!
And yes, we just want you to LISTEN to us when were talking no matter how uninteresting our stories are. Please quit watching the TV and pay attention to your woman!

4. What Special Days?~~Women want to be acknowledged on birthdays, anniversaries, & yes..Valentine's Day. I know many women who want gifts but I am not like that at all! One year, back in our poor days, my husband didn't have any money to buy me anything but took the time to take my lipstick and write Happy Anniversary, Lori...I Love you. OH MY GOSH...that is the sweetest thing. I woke up, went to brush my teeth, and just couldn't stop smiling because he actually THOUGHT of that idea and then took the time to follow through with writing it. He, sometimes, will stop on the side of the road somewhere, grab some wildflowers, and bring them to me. Those are the things that mean the most to me. Not the other material crap. Just put some thought into it. More than 2 minutes too please.

5. Personality Package~~We want our man to have humor, sincerity, compassion, and confidence.... not arrogance, not dominance, not one-upsmanship, not useless bravado, not macho heroics. No pu@#y whipped men but no needy little boys either. Just a genuinely nice guy WITH a backbone;)
If you don't know whether or not you fall into the NICE GUY category or the BASTARD category, here is some info that might help you figure that out. Find your in-between to make and keep your woman happy.

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 Neighs & Snorts: to “ Keeping Your Woman Happy

  • Paper Fan Club
    August 9, 2007 at 9:54 PM  

    Omigosh... I had a good laugh at this: tomorrow's our 16th anniversary and there's STILL a lot my husband could learn! :)

  • Proletariatof1
    August 11, 2007 at 11:32 PM  

    It is good to see this post :)

    As a man I agreed with what you said about keeping your man happy and was instantly curious about your thoughts on what keeps you, and I'm sure many women in general, happy.

    You women are mysterious creatures. It is nice that you give us guys some insight now and again. Thanks.

    Yours Truly

    Cmanlong